Friday, February 26, 2010

Ah, new beginnings (or how I stopped caring and learned to love blogging)

So, here's the deal. I'm not a fan of this blogging stuff in general. I think too many fuckers enable their own uselessness by resorting to trumpeting their drivel online. No one gives a shit about what they say or do in their real lives, so they hop online and spew to the waiting droves of people much like themselves.

As you can already tell, I'm totally into flattering those who might be reading. And I'm a hypocrite.

I finally realized that there might actually be intelligent people out there who read these things for something other than reinforcing their mouth-breathing. So, here I am. And there you are. I guess I've found you. Or the other way around. Whatever.

Alright, what follows are some guidelines that I'll do my best to follow as I move forward with this thing. If you like them, great, this thing's for you. If not, well, for fuck's-sake get the hell out and don't come back.

-Most of my posts will be movie-related. Look, I have a netflix account and I'm not afraid to use it. I enjoy crap-tastic films and I enjoy the people who enjoy them. The majority of my posts will combine these things into observations about the inane aspects of the sublimely ridiculous films in my queue.

-This is not a fucking diary. You will not read about what I did during my workday, what kind of laundry detergent I use, or how I feel about the political climate. That shit's just boring.

-I'll do my best to keep a sense of humor throughout, if only for the entertainment-value that my attempts at being funny will offer.

-I don't take myself too seriously (and neither should you). There will be a lot of things said and much of it will probably just be adding to the meaningless chatter that populates most of the internet. Consider it disposable.

Well, that's about it. I don't want to box myself in too early in the game. After all, we've got a long, hard road ahead of us. There's no sense in fretting over the first fucking step.

No comments:

Post a Comment