Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Killing of Satan (1983)



1. A “snake boy”
2. Hand Repulsors
3. An elbow shield
4. A superpower granting zombie
5. A main character named “Lando” played by the Burt Reynolds of Filipino cinema
6. An inexplicably exploding chest
7. A mute boy
8. A cross-eyed “Scanners” moment (seen above)
9. Superpowers that operate according to a completely invented version of physics
10. The red spandex on the “Prince of Magic”, son of Satan
11. A jailfull of naked women
12. The main character throwing people into animals (not ‘into’ as in “someone bumped into me” but rather “he turned into a frog when she kissed him”)
13. And finally, Lando vs. Satan



If you don’t want to see how all these disparate elements come together on film, then I’m going to need you to prove to me that you’re not dead inside.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed by your writing and humor! I thought they both kind of look like Burt Reynolds!

    By the way...you posted this on my birthday so even though I actually do want to see this movie I sort of have to now.

    ReplyDelete